In today’s society, every technology breakthrough has several functions and provides more than one benefit. Imagine combining two or three of these cutting-edge technologies, and you’ve got yourself a whole new set of remarkable advantages. These carefully crafted combinations have proven to be the most effective approach to increasing efficiency, productivity, and quality while lowering expenses over time. When using Selenium with Java, the situation is similar. In this blog, we will discuss Java concepts used in Selenium. Selenium Training in Chennai will enhance your technical skills in testing.
Let’s start by looking at their respective jobs and duties to see how effectively they work together.
What is Selenium?
Selenium is a free automated testing framework that is open-source. It’s mainly used to ensure that online applications run smoothly across multiple browsers and systems. The beauty of Selenium is that it can be used to construct Selenium Test Scripts in various computer languages, including Java, Ruby, C#, Python, and others.
What is Java?
Selenium automation scripts can be written in various languages, including Java. It’s a server-side programming language that’s object-oriented and can be registered once and run anywhere. Simply put, it is a general-purpose programming language that runs on any platform. It uses the Java Virtual Machine, which allows Java applications to run on any platform. Join Java Training in Chennai to learn more about topics in core java.
What is Selenium with Java?
It’s a web application automation testing tool that’s open-source. Any organisation or individual can use Selenium with Java to test their website or applications because it is freely available. It’s also suggested because it works with various browsers, including Chrome and Firefox. It’s also a portable software testing framework, a huge plus.
Selenium can be used with any programming language, although most developers prefer Selenium Automation with Java since they believe it is the most compatible combo.
Why is Selenium written in Java?
Compared to other languages, Selenium with Java is a frequently used and recommended language among automation testers. Here are a few of the main reasons:
- The first and most important aspect is that Selenium is written in Java.
- According to Oracle, the firm that owns Java, it is installed on 3 billion devices worldwide, implying that it has a sizable user base.
- Nearly 77 per cent of Selenium testers utilise Java, making knowledge transfer straightforward and quick.
- Java allows programmers to create code faster, resulting in faster execution and better results.
- Many server-side programmes that handle tens of millions of daily requests are written in Java.
- There are a plethora of frameworks, plugins, APIs, and libraries that support Java for test automation that are widely available.
- Almost all Fortune 500 organisations utilise Java as their primary application development platform.
- Because Java is statically typed, it provides essential feedback on code flaws.
- Java is used to create desktop and mobile apps, android apps, server apps, software tools, J2ME apps, embedded systems, extensive data processing, and scientific apps.
- It makes use of the JVM, making it a platform-independent language. It can be used in any operating system that has JVM installed.
A developer’s question instantly comes to mind: “How much Java is necessary for Selenium Automation?” If you aren’t familiar with Java. Don’t be concerned! The best aspect is that you don’t need to be a Java expert to utilising Selenium Automation tools properly. To build better Selenium Scripts and to learn more about Selenium advanced concepts and automated testing selenium, join Selenium Training in Coimbatore.