Web developer is a software engineer, who involves in developing websites and application for World Wide Web. Web developers create websites from scratch and re-design existing webpages to support latest trends in web development. Whatever we do online chatting with friends on Facebook to online shopping – there is a creative and skilled team of developers at work behind the scenes to make the website better. In this article, we are going to discuss about the job description of web developer and advantage of taking web designing course in Chennai.
Web developers construct, improve and changes the site coding. They also design and integrate important elements like content, graphics and other multimedia content in secured way. Developers use specialized scripting language to design important objectives like colour, style, texture, special effects and animation. Programming languages used by the web developers includes,
- On the server side, they use Java, C++, Vb.Net and C#. Some of the scripting languages like VBScript, PHP and Perl are also used.
- For database management, they use advanced tools like MYSQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, JSON and XML.
Web developers need to have string technical knowledge on following web design and development technologies. You can consider taking web design training in Chennai to learn these following techniques.
- HTML and CSS
- PHP, Java, ASP, Perl, C++
- MYSQL and Oracle database
- Server installation and Maintenance
- Knowledge on web development architecture and various platforms
- Develop custom scripts
- Hosting and DNS details
- Project management
- Knowledge on Google Analytics
- Problem solving skills
Roles and Responsibility of Web Developer:
- Involve in planning, designing, developing, testing and maintaining websites and web applications.
- Identify technical problems and procedures
- Design, develop and improve websites
- Test and debug errors
- Mobile site and application development
- Document the use and maintenance of all software programs
- Work with software programmers, web designers, graphics designers and integrators
- Perform tests on various applications
- Use good programming techniques to make sure stable environment
- Knowledge in various open source resources
- Maintenance of websites
Web Developers – Education Pathway:
Several combinations of education and experience can lead to better career prospects for talented professionals.
- Bachelor degree in computer science engineering, graphic design, multimedia integration or equivalent training in program
- Diploma in computer science, multimedia integration or related field
- Equivalent experience
Professional training and internships are also greater option to get start your career in web development. FITA is leading web design training institute in Chennai offering professional training on web design and development technologies by experts.